Friday, June 15, 2012

Adoption / Foster Care: Father Son and Father Daughter Relationships - An Important Connection for Children

Adoption / Foster Care
Get the latest headlines from the Adoption / Foster Care GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Father Son and Father Daughter Relationships - An Important Connection for Children
Jun 15th 2012, 08:00

My husband and daughter on vacation in Colorado 2005. Photo © Carrie CraftA few years ago I asked our forum members to submit their thoughts and feelings about fathers. I received many heartfelt responses - both about good fathers and fathers the readers didn't even know existed. Here are a couple of my favorites:

"I remember mostly good things about my Dad - he was devoted to my mom and it was clear that he loved her dearly - when he died a few years ago - they had been married for 63 years. So, I consider his greatest gift to me that he taught me how to love someone - openly and respectfully. He was openly affectionate with my mom and us children and was a jovial, funny man." ~ Southernroots

"I think most men do not realize how important a part they are in children's lives, what an influence they have on shaping a lot of basic values and lessons for life. And what it does when they leave and do not invest any time in their child's(ren) lives." ~ quinnandellie

Add your thoughts to this article, Father Son and Father Daughter Relationships - An Important Connection for Children through the link to the forum above or in the comments section below.

Photo: My husband and daughter on our 2005 family vacation. I'm blessed to have a husband invests a lot of his time and energy into our children. © Carrie Craft

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment