Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Adoption / Foster Care: On the Loss of a Son

Adoption / Foster Care
Get the latest headlines from the Adoption / Foster Care GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com 
Learn Adobe Illustrator CS6 Master Techniques from an Adobe Guru!

With over 25 years of experience teaching, Robert Farrell has been a trusted instructor for individuals and companies who want to improve their Adobe skills.
From our sponsors
On the Loss of a Son
Sep 11th 2013, 12:36

While today - most people are remembering the losses of September 11, 2001, my family and I are in the middle of grieving the loss we experienced on September 5, 2013 - the death of our middle son.

His funeral was Monday and late last night, I decided to write a few thoughts and feelings on this terrible experience, based off the advice I received from another mother who buried a son several years ago. I was going through my list of "what ifs" with her. "What if I had done this or that for him. I should have taken him here or there." She grabbed me by the shoulders and looked me in the eyes and said, "Don't do that to yourself. If you have to look back into the past, look with the purpose of what you could do differently going forward. Don't look back to see what you should have done then. That will only drive you crazy."

Here are some things I want to do differently - or more of - for my surviving children.

On the Loss of a Son - Lessons Learned By a Grieving Adoptive Mother

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment