Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Adoption / Foster Care: Happy Adoption Reunion Anniversary to Us!

Adoption / Foster Care
Get the latest headlines from the Adoption / Foster Care GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Happy Adoption Reunion Anniversary to Us!
Aug 28th 2012, 08:00

First Meeting, Photo © Carrie Craft

Another year has gone by and it's amazing to me that it has now been 17 years since the adoption reunion with our sister, Pam. I think I remember things because I document almost every major event in my journal.

"Yesterday, August 28, 1995, I met my sister Pam for the first time. My first thought as she stood outside the door is that she is beautiful."

As time has gone by my sisters and I, as well as other members of the family, have pondered many things about Mom's decision to choose adoption. We may never know the answers to all of our questions, and to be honest, many of our questions are probably none of our business. But I do know one thing - I'm very grateful to have met our sister Pam and to have a relationship with her. I wish we lived a bit closer, but we get together when we can and just like our first meeting, it's like we were never separated. We don't seem to miss a beat. Note: Odd senses of humor must be genetic.

Please share your happy adoption reunion stories. I'm sure we would all love to hear them. If your adoption reunion was not as happy we can benefit from those experiences as well. Share how an adoption reunion or even the lack of has had an impact on your life and family.

Our first meeting that August evening in 1995, Chrissy, Charla, Pam, & Carrie.

Photo © Carrie Craft

________________________________

Suggested Reading:

Adoption Reunion and the Adoptive Family

Before You Enter Into an Adoption Reunion for Birth Parents

Before You Enter Into an Adoption Reunion for the Adoptee

Before You Help Your Child Enter Into an Adoption Reunion for Adoptive Parents

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment